OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of the Oasis of Love Church of Huntingdon is to bring people into agreement with God and one another by virtue of an orderly wholeness through the following:
1. Worship unto God - to grow into a “fully devoted lifestyle” unto Jesus Christ in all areas of our lives.
2. Discipleship - to reconcile or win believers and unbelievers to God as a disciple (follower of Christ) here on earth.
3. Fellowship - to create a lifestyle of sharing, support, and companionship; to serve one another and express Christian love in tangible ways.
4. Service - to develop channels of service to the Huntingdon Community and the body of Christ.
Luk 4:18 MKJV "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me; because of this He has anointed Me to proclaim the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and new sight to the blind, to set at liberty those having been crushed,
She reminded us of last weeks lesson and the key words, “FOCUS” and “TOGETHER.” Let’s go into the new year TOGETHER, with the focus of Christ before us and our mission to our community.
Many different ones shared about the outreaches we did last year, Lake Day, Kid’s Klub, Kid’s Activity Day, Camp, Seekers, Tweeners, In School Bible Club, Nursing Home Outreaches, Senior Hour, Etc. Many different ones reached and touched by going outside our walls. We were reminded that Isa 62:10-12 (NIrV0 says, “Go out through your gates, people of Jerusalem! Go out! Prepare the way for the rest of your people to return. Build up the road! Build it up! Remove the stones. Raise a banner over the city for the nations to see. (11) The LORD has announced a message from one end of the earth to the other. He has said, "Tell the people of Zion, "Look! Your Savior is coming! He is bringing his people back as his reward. He has won the battle over their enemies.'" (12) They will be called The Holy People. The LORD will set them free. And Jerusalem will be named The City the LORD Cares About. It won't be deserted anymore.”
This was speaking to the church and the church was reminded the following things:
- Open the gates … don’t be secretive or disguised. Be open before your leaders, and others. Let God shine through you to everyone.
- Repair the road … fix it … so we can help others. (Jn 11:38-42) … take away the stone, the things in our lives that hinder us from serving God they way He desires. Level the mountains … God is always at work and wants us to level those mountains in our lives and in others lives that keep us from a steady walk with Him (Is 40:3,4)
- Raise a banner for all nations to see … don’t hide your light under a bushel … God is moving, do you see it? If not, look again, get involved, so you can see it! Isa 43:18-19 MSG "Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. (19) Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.
We were challenged to do something this year that we haven’t done before! We were challenged to have a “Yes, I will” attitude! Remember, we are a team, no one can do it all. And T.E.A.M stands for Together Everyone Achieves Much! Let’s stay focused and together head into this new year for Christ!